Full Name: Matthew (Matt) William Pearce
DOB: 2nd March 1970
- Married: Kristen
- Two children: Emily (20) William (17)
- Church Background: Member of the Leadership team at Trinity Mt Barker (part of the Holy Trinity Network).
- Mid distance running
- EFM member since 2007 (900 visits)
- 1993 – 1996 – Bachelor of Education – Design and Technology Education at the University of South Australia.
- 1990-1993 – Drafter at PMC Adelaide.
- 1987-1990 – Apprenticeship in Body Making at PMC Adelaide.
- Wilderness First Aid.
- Mandatory reporting.
- Certificate 4 in Body Making.
2004 – Present Technology teacher – Cornerstone College – Mt Barker
- Subjects taught:
- Design and Technology: Years 8 & 9.
- Home Economics: Years 8 & 9.
- IT: Years 8 & 9.
- Year 8 Christian Living
- Year 10 – Wood, Metal, Systems, Everyday Technology.
- Stage 1- Graphics, Furniture Construction, Metal, Systems.
- Stage 2 – Design and Technology, Design and Technology Studies.
2013 – Present – Middle School Learning Leader – Cornerstone College- Mt Barker
Responsibilities for in Middle School in the following areas:
- curriculum development
- employing new teachers
- overseeing KLA leaders
- notebook/tablet investigation/recommendation
- parent information nights
- Australian Curriculum mapping
- parent communication
- student subject counselling
- curriculum documentation
2007 – 2012
Key Learning Area Leader for Technology
- Create and oversee budgets for IT, Home Ec. and Design and Technology.
- Oversee curriculum development in these areas.
- Dream and scheme.
- Develop innovative approaches to curriculum delivery and then present to teaching staff.
- Counsel students in subject selections for following years.
- Member of the KLA Leaders Group.
- Manage 14 staff (3 SSO’s).
- Evaluate and provide feedback on staff teaching practices (annually).
- Maintain healthy and positive relationships with teaching staff.
Term 2 2010 and Term 4 2012- Acting Director of Curriculum- Cornerstone College – Mt Barker
- Prepare and supervise Naplan testing.
- Liaise with students /parents re subject issues/selections.
- Coordinate Open Access students.
- Prepare end of semester reports and liaise with teachers on quality/accuracy and validity of reports as well as reporting timelines.
- Member of Senior Management Group.
- Liaise with other Senior Leaders in Lutheran schools about curriculum matters.
- Write fortnightly reports on curriculum matters in school newsletter.
- Keep staff informed of curriculum decisions in weekly bulletin.
- Coordinate end of semester exams.
- Organize and run KLA meetings on a fortnightly basis.
Member of Student Care Team that discussed and worked through student related matters.
2011 Special Projects Facilitator ICT
Research current educational trends in ICT
Develop ICT framework from Year 7-9.
2012 Acting Curriculum Director.
1998 – 2003 Design and Technology teacher at Pedare Christian College–Golden Grove.
- Subjects taught:
- Design and Technology to Year 10
- Stage 1 – Furniture Construction, Systems and Graphics
- Stage 2 – Furniture Construction , Metal and Graphics
- Year 8 & 9 Geography
- Community Coordinator 1999-2003
- Pastoral care of 120 students.
- Care and management of 6 staff.
- Head of Design and Technology – 2000 – 2003
- Budgets, curriculum development, management of staff.
1997 – Design and Technology teacher at Trinity College Gawler.
- Subjects taught:
- Year 8 & 9 Design and Technology.
- Year 10 Systems.
- Year 10 Automotive.
- Member of the Design and Technology Curriculum writing group for the new SACE.
- Member of the Middle School Task Force at Cornerstone College.
- Member of the Asset Building Group at Cornerstone College.
2008 – 2013
- Stage 2 Design and Technology Moderator.
2010 – present
- Member of curriculum committee
2015 – present
- Committee member of REAL ( AISSA middle school group)
- Adolescent Success ( formerly MYSA) Advocate
Mr Rob Rohde
Deputy Principal Cornerstone College
Mrs Julie Sampson
Director of Curriculum
Trinity Mount Barker